Report immediately if you have been a victim of identity theft

When someone uses your personal information without permission to open an account or access your financial records, apply for credit, file taxes, or get medical services, it’s identity theft.

These acts can damage your credit status and cost you time and money to restore it.

As soon as you realize you’ve been a victim of crime, file a claim with your identity theft insurance. Identity theft insurance reimburses victims for money spent on recovering their financial identities and repairing their credit reports, as well as money taken from personal accounts. Insurance policies also cover costs for specialists who can help guide victims through the identity restoration process, as well as be an active monitor for you in the future.

Also, file a police report stating that your wallet was lost or stolen, it will be helpful when dealing with your bank and will also prove that your documents were missing in case of identity theft or fraud.

In the future, if you are the victim of more fraud or identity theft, a police report will help serve as evidence that you were, in fact, the victim of a crime.

Some credit card issuers or banks may also want the police report number as part of their fraud investigation.

Call or email the fraud department of the business, bank, or credit union where accounts have been compromised, explain that someone stole your identity, and ask them to close or freeze the compromised account.

Contact any of the three credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion, and request that a free fraud alert be placed on your credit report. Also, request a free credit report.

You only need to contact one of the three agencies because the law requires the agency you call to contact the other two.

Once you have a fraud alert on your credit report site, the company must verify your identity before issuing new credit in your name. The alert remains active for one year and you can renew it for up to seven years.

Finally, file a report with the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC collects information about cases of identity theft. It does not have the ability to bring criminal charges, but your information can be used by law enforcement agencies like the FBI to track down perpetrators. To file a report with the FTC, visit www.identitytheft.gov.

As part of the reporting process, you will receive a recovery plan and even pre-filled letters and forms that can be used to file police reports and dispute fraudulent charges.

There is no need to report a stolen credit card number or a security breach to the FTC.

Change the passwords, PINs, and login information for all of your potentially affected accounts, including your email accounts and any accounts that use the same password, PIN, or login information.

Today we provide you with the following report so that you can take the best measures and economic decisions.

If you want to schedule an appointment with us to create, rebuild or repair your credit, you can do so through the following link, in this way, our specialists in charge of Jessica Aliga Froelke will be contacting you.

Likewise, we invite you to follow us on our social networks: FacebookYouTubeLinkendInTwitterTiktokPodcast and Instagram, so that you do not miss any valuable information that we constantly and freely provide.